Saturday, December 15, 2012

Never thought I'd have that thought

When I first thought of doing this blog it was to capture things that happen while home alone with a baby.  With the wife being on maternity leave this whole time, there hasn't been much alone time.  I was able to get a few hours today while she was taking a test.

 After getting up at 7am and feeding, cleaning and dressing both the baby and myself I decided to tackle some errands.  A trip to Target, a visit to a craft show where my sister was pimpin' her fancy merch (Fancy Fonts by Karen Psimas on facebook), over to my brother-in-laws for the eggnog recipe.  Now to the ABC store for the booze for the nog.  Time on the clock; 9:45am.  Liquor store doesn't open until 10am.  Never would have thought that one day I'd be frustrated that my baby and I couldn't get some booze before 10am.  So I did my regular grocery shopping while the liquor store dragged their banking hours feet opening and returned to get the items needed.

For those keeping track (might just be me), this is what has been accomplished in the 5 hours my wife has been gone:

1 smoothie made and consumed
2 feedings
3 diaper changes
2 washings and dressings (him and me)
1 trip to Target
1 stop in at the craft show
1 trip to brother-in-laws
1 (really 2) stops at the liquor store
1 grocery shopping trip
1 hour play time
1 lunch consumed
1 blog entry

...and about to start the eggnog.  I am pretty much crushing it today, dare I say I'm even Reaganing!


"DON'T ACT LIKE YOU'RE NOT IMPRESSED!!!" - Ron Burgandy

No comments:

Post a Comment